Monday, October 26, 2009

selfless



i think today was one of my most selfless days.
usually im going and going trying to please myself. I'm always worried what i need, if im content, if im in a good mood or not. But today was different.
I watched the movie "United 93" today, for the second time. the first time i saw this movie, i was 10, and didnt get it at all. Today, i watched it all alone in my room, in the dark. The movie is about the passengers on the airline united 93 that took back over the plane after the terrorists hijacked it, and flew it into the ground before it could reach its destination. I must say, that movie has a special place in my heart. I cried and cried not because i was thinking about how scary it would be for myself in that situation, but because of how scary it had to be for them, how they had to say goodbye to their families, how courageous they were. I want to be as selfless and fearless as those people that charged the terrorists, took the plane and gave their lives to protect the capital. I wish that everyday, i could have that fearlessness and selflessness to forget my needs, accomplish what i need to do, and help the world be a better place. Yes, ourselves are important, but i realized that we should do the right thing for everyone else first.
The world needs more brave people. We need more fearlessness. We need to raise our voices to injustice. We need to fight in what we believe in. We are all on the same team. In the moive, strangers came together to save their country. Brave souls exist. Find yours, it shouldnt only come out when you're in danger.
We can take a lot from those events on 9/11.
Be brave. Be fearless.

No comments: